October 2020 Newsletter
Dear TBM Council Members,
Starting November 9, TBM Conference 2020 is just five weeks away! If you haven’t attended before because it cost too much, took too much time, or required you to travel, there’s no excuse this year! It’s virtual. It’s cheap. And you can consume most sessions on demand. Tickets start at only $99. Read below to learn more and sign up!
What’s on Your Mind?
We are launching the new TBM Connect on October 12th. You will receive important information soon about what to expect and how to fully engage on the new site. In order to gear our content to what’s top of mind for you, we need your input.
We’d like to know:
- If you were in a room with other TBM Council community members, what are the toughest questions you would want to ask them?
- If nothing comes to mind for that question, please share, what is the biggest challenge you’re facing at work right now?
Please send your questions or challenges to firstname.lastname@example.org before October 9.
TBM Conference Starts November 9
Sign-up to the TBM Conference 2020 today. TBM Conference has been named a global top tech conference by CIO Dive – and for good reason! This year, the conference will be virtually airing from November 9, with prices starting at just $99 to make it affordable for everyone. TBM Council members may use code MEMBER100 during registration to take $100 off of our Academic pass (regularly $495). According to CIO Dive, this is a must-attend conference for CIOs in 2020. Join us to learn why!
Certified TBM Executive (CTBME) Training Discount
The TBM Council has trained thousands of professionals globally on the tenets of successful TBM programs, and more than 2,000 professionals have gotten certified.
Want to join their ranks? Since budgets are tight, we’re providing a heavily discounted price of $595 (normal price is $1,195) for those who register for the TBM Conference. Take the class anytime now through 2021. Register for the class and the conference here or add the class to your existing conference registration by clicking “already registered?” on the conference website, logging in, and modifying your registration.
All classes are taught by highly experienced TBM leaders. You can find our class schedule below.
Future of IT Through the Economic Disruption: Survey in Collaboration with Bain & Company
Bain & Company have partnered with the TBM Council and Apptio to conduct a brief, forward-looking study to understand how IT budgets, planning and other processes are adapting to the economic uncertainty. As an IT leader and member of the TBM Council, we need your input! Complete the survey here to receive exclusive access to initial results, the full database of anonymous raw data, 50% off any pass to TBM Conference 2020, and an invitation to a Bain & Company led session at the TBM Conference, delving deep into the survey results and insights.
In this newsletter, we would like to showcase the following events for the month of October:
TBM Tuesdays Executive Discussions
|Episode 7: A Decade of TBM|
First American’s TBM Journey with Mike Slivkoff, Senior Corporate Finance Manager at First American
|Episode 8: Executive Roundtable Discussion|
Healthcare IT leaders on TBM moderated by Denise O’Hora-Webb, former CIO at Marshfield Clinic, featuring Brad Newton of Wellstar Health Systems and David Lundal of Children’s Minnesota
Standards Committee and Workgroups
|Standards Webinar: TBM Metrics and Business Outcomes||8am-9:30am PT|
|Standards Committee Open Forum: TBM Taxonomy v4.0 Discussion||8am-9:30am PT|
|Various||Individual Workgroup Meetings||Various||Free||Workgroup members only|
Register for a workgroup here to receive an invite
|TBM Executive Foundation Course and Certification Exam – Online||5am-9am PT|
|TBM Executive Foundation Course and Certification Exam – Online||2pm-6pm PT|
|TBM Executive Foundation Course and Certification Exam – Online||8am-12pm BST|
|New Community Platform Launches!||Log-in instructions will be sent over email in the coming weeks. Please email us your top-of-mind questions/topics and fill out our TBM Connect survey if you haven’t already!|
As a reminder:
- TBM Connect
- TBM Connect is the online community for TBM Council members. If you haven’t created an account yet, I encourage you to do so here.
- If you are interested in joining a workgroup, you may find more information on our website or email us at email@example.com.
- If you have specific questions on education, please visit the website or reach out to our Education Program Manager, Chris Kerr, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TBM Conference
- For the health and well-being of all delegates, the decision has been made to deliver TBM Conference virtually this year. Register today at www.tbmconference.org. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
- Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination! We are excited to showcase your stories. Finalists will be announced very soon. Join the conversation on TBM Connect here.
General Manager, TBM Council